Fire stopping certification
Where services such as water, gas, electrics or communications penetrate through a building’s fire resistant compartment lines, it is vitally important to ensure that the hole is appropriately sealed with a suitable fire stopping solution. Both the Building Regulations and the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRFSO) require that the person fitting fire-stopping products is competent to do so and third party certification is the accepted means of demonstrating competency.
The BM TRADA Q-Mark fire stopping installation scheme is based on training an individual who takes responsibility for the training and work carried out by a number of operatives. The scheme is designed to ensure that fire stopping solutions are being fitted correctly, in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Q-Mark fire stopping installation scheme benefits:
- Provides installers with a strong competitive advantage enabling you to provide proof of the quality of your installation work
- Shows due diligence on your part by demonstrating that your installation work enables the product to continue to meet fire resistance requirements
- Provides confidence to building owners, specifiers and the responsible person that fire compartment lines have been properly sealed
- Helps generate new business by enabling you to tender for the increasing number of projects that specify third party certification
- Helps generate repeat business because it enhances your reputation for quality which in turn leads to customer loyalty
- Membership is voluntary and as such it provides a clear demonstration of an installer’s commitment to quality
- You continue to benefit as levels of awareness of the Q-Mark scheme and the demand for third-party certification of installers continues
- You benefit from association with BM TRADA, widely recognized and accepted as a leading provider of third-party certification.